Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Joss Whedon Strikes Again: This Time, My Heart

So I sometimes have a habit of coming to the party late, so to speak, as I don't know the proper channels on which to scour the interwebs for the latest "buzz." Thus I hope you'll forgive me when I come to you bearing expired gifts you undoubtedly already own, but in case even one of you haven't seen this yet, allow me to brighten your day.


You see, there's this little gem called Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, a delightful three-act musical comedy about an up-and-coming supervillian who's trying to gain membership in an evil fraternity and win the heart of a girl he semi-stalks at the laundromat. Neil Patrick Harris (NPH) plays the good doctor, Felicia Day is his love-to-be, and Nathan Fillion (aka Captain Mal Reynolds, aka Han Solo before Lucas went back and made Greedo shoot first) is Horrible's nemesis, Captain Hammer. As the last member of that trifecta might suggest, Joss Whedon--and from the credits, most of his extended family, too--is behind this. It is, in a word, delightful.

Still, I feel a bit like the guy running into church on Easter morning shouting "Hey, have you guys heard about this dude Jesus? He's awesome!" so I won't go on much longer. The link above will let you watch the whole thing in its entirety, fo' free, so that's not a bad thing. If you're dubious, though, and too lazy to click the link, I've posted perhaps my favorite song from the piece below. Bon appetit.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't mind you calling this to everyone's attention, for if they have not been exposed to this, they should.

I'm sure there are some out there who rely on you solely to parse out what is interesting in the internets, and dole it out to them, along with side helpings of saucy witticisms.

Anonymous said...

NPH is the man.