Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Cast Your Vote Today!

I was awoken at 4:48am this morning by a text message from a friend in New York who apparently forgot that if it's pretty early where he lives, I'd most likely still be asleep on the other side of the country. This might be forgivable if it was something particularly important, but in reality he was threatening to punch me in the crotch if I didn't vote. I'm curious whether this was a general threat he sent to many people on his contacts list, or if I have somehow earned his ire in particular. Nevertheless, I can get behind the general sentiment, if not the particular threat to my reproductive capabilities, and consequently I have decided to make a quick post to ensure this anonymous New Yorkian that I am indeed aware of the grave decision due to be made this very evening:




I really can't decide if this is funny or sad, though I'm leaning toward the latter, seeing as whichever idiot wrote it got their timeline completely wrong, having Lando claim he's against a war that was already nearly twenty years in the past. That, and poor Billy Dee gets that confused, "where am I?" look characteristic of the elderly at the very end. If that's not sad, I don't know what is. Hopefully there will be some other news tonight to cheer me up.

3 comments:

McSpick said...

Dude, CNN has Wolf Blitzer talkjng to a goddam HOLOGRAM of a reporter in Chicago!!!!! AND just mentioned Princess Leia!!!! WORLDS ARE COLLIDING!!!!!!!

And it's New Yorker, not New Yorkian.

GOBAMA!!!!!!!!!

McSpick said...

So Sorry Jim...I would have reminded Greg about the time difference and saved you a rude awakening but I decided that it was a good idea to go for a walk after we both voted, (our polling station is in the basement of our building) so I brought the dog. Wouldn't you know it freakin government won't let you bring dogs to the polling station. And she was registered and everything!!! That being said I had to wait outside with the pooch while Greg voted. Next time I will catch him.
My Apologies!
Melissa

Unknown said...

I too suffered from an awakenaing at 4:48 in the bloody am. I was sick and ended up not going in to work that day (or the next, for that matter). I immediately responded to this threat of a punch to the scrotum by sending an apropriately rude response. To which the New Yorkian glibly replied, ":P"
And before I get any flak for sleeping with my phone, let me just point out that it is my alarm clock, and a damn sexy one at that.
Let it be known that I did vote, even though I had to drive 7 hours to do so, but that is another story.