Thursday, October 16, 2008

Local GOP Group Reaches New Heights of Hillbilly Ignorance

A few months ago, my wife brought home a newsletter she received from someone at school, not to sway me to its extreme right political leanings, of course, but to rather show me another reason why Norco is bat-shit insane. I assumed the woman who printed the rag was the usual crazy shouting in the wilderness, publishing her libel happily from her double-wide trailer and only occasionally taking breaks from her propaganda machine to visit the well out back and remind the children trapped inside that "They put the lotion in the basket, or they get the hose."

Sadly, we Inland Empire residents need not suffer alone any longer. What I assume is the same newsletter has reached a new level of offensive recently by publishing a story that is quickly gaining national attention, complete with an image that even I feel too disgusted to post, of Obama's face on a donkey in the center of a food stamp, flanked by a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken, ribs, koolaid, and....wait for it....watermelon. Apparently the harpy was musing one day about what denomination of currency Obama's face would one day grace should he be elected President, and the answer, apparently, was "food stamp." When confronted with the obviously racist overtones of the image, the shrew responded, "I didn't see it the way that it's being taken. I never connected," she said. "It was just food to me. It didn't mean anything else." No need to plead ignorance, lady: we already know you're a fucking idiot.

I'd suggest perhaps turning a high powered hose on her instead of the kids in the well, but I don't think she'd see the connection. Here's the article in the Press Enterprise, complete with picture of "Obama Bucks," for anyone who needs reminding that some of us out here are clearly floating in a warm spot in the gene pool.

1 comment:

McSpick said...

In other news, 4,000 absentee ballots in upstate New York misprinted Obama's name as "Osama". Now take a look at the B and S keys on your keyboard. A typo? Hmmmm...